Selling your home can be a daunting task. Not to mention getting it sold quick. I have come to realize that most people do not understand why their home sits on the market for days and days. I have compiled some basic tips on what to do in order to make your home more appealing to those buyers!
- Paint walls a neutral color. Let’s face it, not everyone will like your favorite lime green colored walls.
- Replace shower curtains in bathrooms.
- Remove clutter from bathroom vanities; personal hygiene items, etc
- Remove family photos – buyers want to be able to picture themselves (key word) in your house. Creating more of a blank canvas can help with this.
- De-clutter the home. Simplify your furniture.
- Key to remember – keep it clean. This is a must.
Here is what I am talking about:
- Repair any paint that is chipping
- Mow lawn, trim shrubs, sweep porch – the basics
- Remove any clutter; kids toys, shoes, etc
- An inexpensive way to spruce up your porch is by adding some potted plants. It really does make a huge difference. Honestly, even adding a nice door mat can really add to that first impression.
- Replace to mailbox, add or replace the house numbers.
These may sound like small insignificant things, but they really do make that difference!
Feel free to email us or comment on this post with any questions you have about selling your home. RemaxAdler@gmail.com